The mission of Heritage Christian School is to educate students by integrating academic excellence with a biblical worldview, helping Christian families to impact the world for Christ.
In educating students with a biblical worldview…
Heritage Christian School provides an education that is grounded in academic excellence and is thoroughly and distinctively Christian, challenging each student to grow in Christ-likeness in all areas of their life. It is our goal through teaching and training to prepare students to function as individuals who can reason and relate all issues of life to the doctrinal foundation of the Christian faith.
To impact the world for Christ…
As a school in partnership with the home, Heritage Christian School strives to equip its students with the tools to develop a Christian world and life view that they may mature spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically in accordance with God’s design and impact their sphere of influence for Christ.
Statement of Faith
- The following fundamental Christian tenets contain the doctrines to which Heritage Christian School unreservedly adheres and from which it teaches.
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true Man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice. All who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of Majesty on High as our Great Preist.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant and infallible as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. The Bible constitutes the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him, accepting Him as personal Lord and Savior, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become children of God.
- The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the Gospel, and observances of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
- The second coming of the Lord is imminent and will be personal and visible. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth, which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.